Museums in Utrecht
Most museums are situated in the “Museum Quarter” at 10 minutes walking distance from Central Station.
- Centraal Museum, Nicolaaskerkhof 10. 11-17, closed on mondays. The oldest municipal museum in the Netherlands. It has a large art collection including the world’s largest collection of Rietveld designs and a permanent exhibition on Dick Bruna. There are usually several temporary exhibitions as well, an overview of which you can find at their site. €9.
- Museum Catharijneconvent, Lange Nieuwstraat 38. 11-17. a large collection of historic Christian items. €11.50.
- Nederlands Spoorwegmuseum. Tue-Sun 10-17. the Dutch Railway Museum. It reopened in June 2005 after a intensive renovation. It is possible to go directly to the Spoorwegmuseum from centraal station with a special train. €16.
- Money Museum, Leidseweg 90, 3531 BG Utrecht, ☎ +3130-2910492. Museum about money: history, culture, greed, saving, gambling, loans and money frauds.You can see Dutch Euro’s being print (from behind glass). Not all exhibitions have English information cards. (Closed since 2013)
- Museum Speelklok. a surprisingly pleasant museum on all kinds of mechanical music, including carillon clocks, musical boxes, pianolas, belly organs and much more.
- Moluks Historisch Museum. museum on the history of the Moluccas. (Now closed)
- Utrecht Universiteit Museum. the museum of Utrecht University.